We have a fascination for telemetry data journeys because they help us to focus a system design on what it really important.
We use them to answer some fundamental questions:
- will the system actually work?
- will it deliver the information needed?
- what steps are critical (and may need redundancy)?
- will the information be delivered in time?
- how do the changes fit into existing systems and processes?
- how will it be scaled up?
- is it future proof?
By understanding the whole process we can optimise individual components to deliver exactly the right functionality for the lowest total cost.
Future Proof Telemetry
And when talking about ‘future proof’ we have our eye on helping to deliver the right information to the right person at the right time, a concept illustrated opposite and termed as Predictive Context by the Techradar team at Cisco.